FEBRUARY 2019 ARCHIVES
FEBRUARY 3 - 9, 2019: PROMPT
SHOW UP THIS WEEK IN ONE AREA WHERE YOU DON'T FEEL READY.
1. Name the area. How can you embrace showing up even when you don't feel ready?
2. Share this intention with your coach or a trusted confidante for support and an empathetic ear as you practice.
3. Leaning on our courage looks a lot like leaning upon our values. So press fully into your values as you show up.
Courageous living is about showing up. Always showing up — for ourselves and each other.
Showing up in every circumstance even when it is hard. Choosing our highest good over the temporal good of a given moment. Choosing presence over perfection.
—The Courage Practice
FEBRUARY 3 - 9, 2019: INTENTION
SHOW UP ANYWAY.
Being ready is an illusion. I've fallen for this illusion myself so many times. 'When I'm more ready, then I'll show up. When I'm in a better position or have more clarity, then I'll leap.'
It is a wild truth but courage can be both our friend and our greatest ally when we aren't feeling ready. Courage can be what we lean on to show up anyway--instead of waiting for the arrival of an illusion.
The best part? Placing our trust in our courage rather than our readiness will actually cultivate our confidence. Sincerely.
FEBRUARY 3 - 9, 2019: PRACTICE
where will you show up?
1. Following this week’s prompt, begin the practice of showing up in this one area.
2. What did you learn? What made you smile? What do you want to remember as you continue to practice?
FEBRUARY 3 - 9, 2019: PROMPT
MAKING FRIENDS WITH JOY.
1. What is my current relationship to joy? If I don't have one, what is my current relationship to happiness?
2. What makes choosing joy difficult for me? What would support me in choosing with greater ease?
3. How can I be more mindful about choosing joy?
4. Share these perspectives with a close friend or loved one this week as a support and accountability partner to your practice.
Find a place inside where there is joy and the joy will burn out the pain. —Joseph Campbell
FEBRUARY 10 - 16, 2019: INTENTION
Happiness is the external manifestation of inner joy.
We seek out happiness through experiences and connections--all of which are good and rich with abundance in this life. However, we seldom find joy unless we begin from within to create joy.
Unlike happiness, joy is a subtle force and rather agnostic to external influences. Joy resides at the intersection of goodness and lightness; when we embrace the goodness and elect to travel lightly.
Simply put, joy chooses us when we choose joy.
FEBRUARY 10 - 16, 2019: PRACTICE
CHOOSE ONE SPECIFIC WAY TO LEAN INTO JOY THIS WEEK.
1. Who in your life can you offer more joy to this week? Why?
2. How will you show them? What benefit could this practice have for the both of you?
3. Take the action. Listen to the experience. What did you learn by choosing joy and offering it to others with greater intention?
FEBRUARY 17 - 23, 2019: PROMPT
observe yourself now.
1. Close your eyes, take three deep breaths and go inward for three minutes. (No need to time yourself. Just three minutes-ish.)
2. What do you observe? Observe yourself as though you're watching someone else.
3. What thoughts do you observe yourself having in this time? What emotions? What beliefs? What images or colors come forth?
4. Where do you feel tension? Where do you feel peace?
5. Take three deep breaths again. Open your eyes. Jot down what you learned.
Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.
FEBRUARY 17 - 23, 2019: INTENTION
When we think less and observe more, we can begin to see ourselves with more compassion and less judgment.
Imagine observing yourself for a moment -- what do you see? Go ahead, try it right now for a moment, observe yourself. What do you see?
As you return, I ask you this: did you simply observe yourself or did you immediately redirect into thinking about what you see? Wondering why you see what you see, how to shift what you see, how to accept what you see, the list goes on...
It is definitely not easy but 3/4 observing and 1/4 thinking will serve our integration far more than 1/4 observing and 3/4 thinking. Read on for ways to practice this week...
FEBRUARY 17 - 23, 2019: PRACTICE
OBSERVE YOURSELF THIS WEEK.
1. Following the initial prompt, observe yourself throughout the week in a variety of situations.
2. Note when you observe and when you transition to thinking or over-thinking. Take heart; give yourself grace to practice.
3. Offer LOVE to what you observe and what you think. Welcome all. (Yes, you read that right. Welcome all and send it love. We step further into our wholeness when we welcome all, observe all, and offer compassion and love to all.)
FEBRUARY 24 - MARCH 2, 2019: PROMPT
BEGIN WITH AWARENESS.
1. Where do I feel most disconnected to my story? Where is my story writing itself?
2. What external influences, people, or experiences have I allowed to be the authors of my story?
3. Where do I feel most connected to my story? What is one action I can take this week to move my story forward in a positive way?
4. What specific success in my leadership, life, or business would be a reflection of me taking back my story?
Who we are told to be is not who we are.
—The Courage Practice
FEBRUARY 24 - MARCH 2, 2019: INTENTION
TAKE BACK YOUR STORY.
Where do you feel disconnected to your story? We all lose our way from time to time--that's real and true--but it doesn't mean we have to stay there.
Choosing to take back our stories in leadership and life first requires choice, then requires courage. Choose this week to really notice the relationship you have with your own story. Awareness paves the way for action.
FEBRUARY 24 - MARCH 2, 2019: PRACTICE
IDENTIFY AND TAKE ONE ACTION TO TAKE BACK YOUR STORY.
DON'T PLAY SMALL; NO ONE EVER REGRETS RAISING THE BAR. EVER.
1. What action is best for me to take to own my story again?
2. How will I be conscious to this action? How will I pivot back to this practice when necessary?
3. What impact do I intend to have when I take this action this week?