JANUARY 2019 ARCHIVES
JANUARY 6 - 12, 2019: INTENTION
TRUST THE PATH.
The path you are on has been forged for you.
While it may not feel familiar, it is yours. Its twists, turns, and earthly terrain have been rising up to meet you for centuries.
Offer gratitude, listen to its wisdom, and keep walking.
JANUARY 6 - 12, 2019: PRACTICE
Name one specific way you want to practice trust this week.
Choose to practice with yourself or with others — just one.
What do you have to gain with this practice?
How will you know you have practiced this week?
JANUARY 6 - 12, 2019: PROMPT
1. What is my relationship to trust?
2. In what specific ways do I trust myself?
3. In what ways do I rarely trust myself?
4. Where would I most like to deepen my trust this year?
Learn to listen to your inner voice more than the external voices of the world. The world will demand of you; your soul will ask of you.
— The Courage Practice
JANUARY 13 - 19, 2019: INTENTION
COURAGE LIES WITHIN. SEEK IT THERE.
External influences abound everywhere, each competing for our attention, reaction, or response. However, our unique practice of courage is found within us. Choose a specific way to quiet the external voices so you can listen closely your inner one.
JANUARY 13 - 19, 2019: PRACTICE
Let's put some intentional action behind our weekly intention this week. If we look for external influences to guide us, we will find many everywhere, fostering confusion and emotional exhaustion. If we look within, we will reacquaint ourselves with the one inner voice personalized to us to offer focus and direction--for our lives, our potential, and our purpose.
1. Choose a method or way of quieting the external influences daily this week. A nature walk, meditation, prayer, a workout, a repetitive action of some kind. Whatever works for you to truly get still and listen to the silence.
2. Leave your phone or screens behind during this time.
3. What do you hear? How will you apply what you hear this week?
4. What served you in this stillness practice? What was difficult? Be honest and real with yourself.
JANUARY 13 - 19, 2019: PROMPT
WHO YOU ARE IS HOW YOU LEAD AND LIVE.
How we lead--in our careers, businesses, and daily life--is an authentic reflection of who we are. The way we show up in the world reveals itself in the small moments of our days as well as the larger-than-life experiences.
1. Take a thoughtful moment now to observe how you are showing up in leadership and life.
2. Breathe deeply. Observe your emotions, beliefs, and fears.
3. Consciously send appreciation to your spirit and self-compassion to your wounds as both rise up within you.
4. Jot down your genuine thoughts. What is serving you? What is not?
5. How will you choose to consciously show up this week--in your leadership and life?
Stop looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love. You have a treasure within that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.