Coaching transformed my own life 15 years ago when navigating several sharp turns and unforeseen career and life transitions.
Since then, I have dedicated my career to developing leaders and life warriors to connect to their purpose and advance their narrative.
Weaving together an early career in theatre and film along with the past 12 years in coaching, consulting, learning and development, and higher education, I enjoy collaborating with individuals and teams to strengthen their talents, take courageous action, and thrive in leadership and life.
I personally believe who you are is how you lead and live.
It is my sincere joy to offer a welcoming coaching space for you to wrestle with the tough questions, challenge your status quo, and advance your talents and beliefs to lead and live more courageously. And more successfully.
Success loves to follow courage.
Coaching nationwide across corporate, educational, start-up, artistic, and non-profit settings, I partner with clients from all walks of life. Unearthing big ideas alongside strong ideals, moving from vision concept to goal completion, or from random thought to inspired action. With a blend of active listening, humor, and intuitive collaboration, I seek to coach you to
transform your specific barriers into meaningful breakthroughs.
In this spirit, I wish you deep success and immense joy in your life and leadership. I look forward to collaborating with you soon.
BEHIND-THE-SCENES IN PICTURES
MORE OF THE STORYOLOGY
- Born with an infectious laugh and a hunger for stories
- Relentlessly curious. An old soul with fresh eyes
- A heart for growth, a strategic mind, an eye for detail, and an intuitive ear
- Equal love for the pulse of the city, the whisper of the wilderness, and the salty breath of the beach
- Life-long learner, crossword puzzler, and sharpie user
- Believes wholeheartedly in Dansko boots, iced coffee, and incessant viewing of movie trailers
- Attempting to train a little dog named Ollie
- A compassionate companion sitting vigil with the dying for the 'No One Dies Alone' program
- Equal passion for soccer season, kayak season, and theatre season
- A student of yoga, meditation, soccer, hiking, gardening, kayaking, photography, and doula-ing
- A once-upon-a-time athlete and performance artist embracing game-changing experiences after a devastating spine injury
- A woman leaning into kindness and courage and becoming more herself everyday
WHY THE COLOSSEUM IMAGES?
A NUMBER OF REASONS...
1. When I was a child, I absolutely fell in love with the Colosseum.
My favorite global landmark, it covered my childhood walls. I hadn't yet read about its purpose or the ancient events which took place there to be given the nickname, 'arena of death.'
I was simply drawn to its ability to be a strong fortress, all the more beautiful because of its flaws, scars, and brokenness.
As I learned about its history, I couldn't wait to visit and take in both its strength and sorrow in person.
2. After walking upon its stone and earth myself, I began to see and appreciate a deeper connection between my love of the Colosseum and this idea of embracing both strength and scars in life. Then I discovered this quote:
3. From there on, the term 'life's arena' began showing up everywhere.
At least it felt that way. Since then, the Man in the Arena quote by Theodore Roosevelt has held great resonance for me, as has the research and transformative work of Dr. Brené Brown who has forged a global and essential dialogue on shame, vulnerability, and courage. Her work has deeply impacted my coaching and life with equal measure.
4. Sheryl Sandberg recently said, 'Brené Brown started a powerful conversation on vulnerability and laid out a path for us to continue this important dialogue and remind each other that we are not alone.' I wholeheartedly agree.
All of us experience life's arena; its highs, lows, and in-betweens.
However, to live our best life and unleash our fullest potential,
choosing courage over comfort really matters.
The Courage Practice exists to create a safe, empowering, and collaborative coaching space for you to do exactly that--practice courage in your own life arena wherever most transformative for you.
So bring your vulnerability; I'll meet you there.
And together we'll practice courage.
BEHIND-THE-SCENES: CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Leadership Development: Emerging & Established Leaders
- Business Development: Emerging & Established Entrepreneurs
- Talent & Culture Development: Individuals | Teams | On-Site | Virtual
- Change & Transition Management & Development
- Individual & Organizational Narrative & Branding
- Career Development: Beginning | Middle | End
- Courageous Creativity: Coaching for Artists, Writers, & Creatives
- Health & Wellness Coaching
- Compassionate Care-Giving & Senior Living
- Team Performance Management
- Higher Education Student Development: Traditional | Online | Undergraduate | Graduate | PhD
- Integrated Coaching: The Practice of Life | Work | Health & Wellness Integration
- ICF Coaching Certification: In Process
- Coaching Certifications: Leadership | Mentor | Trainer | Career | Health | Change & Transition
- Dr. Angela Duckworth's Building Grit E-Learning Course
- Dr. Brené Brown's Brave Leaders' Daring Leadership: The Four Pillars of Courage E-Learning Course
- Simon Sinek's Start With Why University Course
- Compassionate Companion Volunteer: Death & Dying
- George Fox University: Communications & Media Studies
- Psychology Concentration
- Cum Laude Graduate
- Lambda Pi Eta National Honor Society
- George Fox University: Theatre Performance & Direction
- Minor in Writing/Literature
- Cum Laude Graduate