MY COURAGEOUS LIFE BLUEPRINT
Blueprints are the backbone of our planning here at The Courage Practice. Whether focusing on a single goal, a quarterly plan, or a one year to five year plan, we wholeheartedly believe in blueprints.
courageous life blueprints
Designed by us. Evolving with us.
Enjoy this complimentary exercise anytime of the year. Jot your thoughts down in your coaching journal or any other handy resource you can return to again.
WHY WRITE IT DOWN?
Give yourself the gift of stepping back from the day-to-day portrait lens by zooming out to view the landscape. Every minute will hold a truth for you. When we actually move beyond thinking about our thoughts and feelings to actually writing them down, we release our mind of the clutter and can begin to see things more clearly. And when we give our thoughts permission to live beyond our mind, we open ourselves up to observe our thoughts rather than just swirl in them.
BUT I DON’T LOVE JOURNALING…
You don’t need to love journaling. You can take as much or as little time as you’d like. Just be courageous with yourself by residing in these questions and jot down what comes to the surface.
Write complete sentences…or just words.
Create bullet points or rambles.
Add pictures or a vision board if it suits you.
You do you — make the blueprint yours.
Allow yourself to free write, censoring nothing, editing nothing. Allow mistakes, misspellings, and incomplete thoughts. Just write or type. The practice of writing it down—in any format—is subtly profound for anyone.
Just love yourself enough to actually let go of what is whirling within your head and heart as you look at your life. Bring to your next coaching session any pieces of this exercise you deem important and essential to share.
We also recommend revisiting your courageous life blueprint every 90 days to reflect, recalibrate, and reestablish connection to yourself and what you desire most to cultivate in this one wild and precious life you’ve been given.
CHOOSE ANY BLUEPRINT BELOW THAT BEST SERVES YOUR STYLE.
YEARLY | MONTHLY | WEEKLY | DAILY
THE YEARLY BLUEPRINT
REFLECTION | MOVEMENT | MEANING
PART I: YEARLY REFLECTION
REFLECT UPON YOUR BELIEFS, VALUES, HABITS, THOUGHT PATTERNS, ACTIONS, PEOPLE, ACTIVITIES, SITUATIONS, ETC.
What serves my highest good?
WHAT DOESN’T SERVE?
how am i being called to practice my courage this year?
PART II: YEARLY MOVEMENT
FOLLOWING INTENTIONAL REFLECTION, WE TAKE INTEGRAL ACTION.
4. WHAT ACTIONS WILL I TAKE THIS YEAR TO CULTIVATE MY DESIRES?
5. WHEN CHALLENGES ARISE, HOW WILL I ANCHOR MYSELF AND MY COURAGEOUS ACTIONS TO WHAT I REALLY WANT IN THE STORM?
6. WHAT VALUES & BELIEFS WILL I PRACTICE WITH MORE CONSISTENCY?
PART III: YEARLY MEANING
WE CAN REFLECT. WE CAN MOVE. YET ALL MUST HOLD MEANING OR WE JUST WON’T FOLLOW THROUGH.
TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE MEANING THIS REFLECTION AND MOVEMENT HOLD FOR YOU.
7. WHAT’S MY HONEST TRUTH?
8. HOW DOES THIS BLUEPRINT SERVE MY HIGHEST GOOD?
9. WHO ELSE DOES IT SERVE?
10. HOW DOES THIS BLUEPRINT ILLUMINATE HOW I DESIRE TO CONTRIBUTE?
THE MONTHLY BLUEPRINT
PART I: MONTHLY REFLECTION
EVERY MONTH TO 90 DAYS, OBSERVE AND TAKE NOTE OF WHAT IS WORKING FOR YOU AND WHAT IS WEIGHING YOU DOWN.
1. WHAT DO I WANT TO CONTINUE?
2. WHAT DO I WANT TO RELEASE OR SHED?
PART II: MONTHLY MOVEMENT
EVERY MONTH TO 90 DAYS, OBSERVE AND TAKE NOTE OF WHAT IS WORKING FOR YOU AND what asks of more practice.
3. WHAT ACTIONS ARE CREATING MEANINGFUL IMPACT?
4. WHAT ACTIONS DO I NEED TO LET GO OF AND/OR REPLACE?
5. WHAT POSITIVE MOVEMENT HAVE I EXPERIENCED FROM MY ACTIONS?
PART III: MONTHLY MEANING
6. WHY DOES THIS MOVEMENT MATTER?
7. WHAT FEAR(S) ARE RISING UP AS I REFLECT AND TAKE ACTION?
8. WHY DO I WANT TO LIVE COURAGEOUSLY?
THE WEEKLY BLUEPRINT
PART I: WEEKLY REFLECTION
When we observe what we enjoy and create a weekly practice to do more of it, we actually lead our lives rather than feeling led by life. We also nourish ourselves for the challenges and transitions that inevitably arise.
When we don’t notice what brings us joy, our life becomes more easily cyclical, stressful, or mundane. Take five minutes to consider joy and see what happens within you and for you.
1. WHAT DO I ENJOY?
2. WHAT IS NECESSARY YET NOT ENJOYABLE?
3. HOW CAN THESE ACTIONS STILL GET DONE, EVEN IF NOT BY ME?
4. WHAT CAN I DO MORE OF NEXT WEEK—no matter life’s weather—THAT WILL BRING ME CLOSER TO WHAT I DESIRE?
PART II: WEEKLY MOVEMENT
TAKE NOTE of what actions are cultivating true movement. remember that movement isn’t linear; it is integral in nature.
5. WHAT AM I CURRENTLY LEARNING?
6. WHAT CONTRIBUTIONS HAVE I MADE THIS WEEK?
7. WHAT DO I WANT TO DO MORE OR LESS OF NEXT WEEK?
PART III: WEEKLY MEANING
8. WHAT SHADOW PARTS OF MYSELF ARE COMING TO THE SURFACE AS I PRACTICE MY COURAGE?
9. WHAT IS THE QUESTION I WILL ASK MYSELF REGULARLY TO BRING ME BACK TO CENTER?
THE DAILY BLUEPRINT
PART I: DAILY REFLECTION
questions to bring us back to ourselves IN aNY KIND OF day.
1. WHAT IS MY ENERGY LIKE RIGHT NOW? TAKE A DEEP BREATH, OBSERVE IT AND GIVE IT A NAME.
2. HOW CAN I ACT AND/OR RESPOND TODAY FOR THE HIGHEST GOOD OF ALL?
3. what is asking to be HONORED, explored, or let go?
4. PRACTICE GRATITUDE. JOT DOWN ANYTHING FROM TODAY FOR WHICH YOU ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL.
PART II: DAILY MOVEMENT
Learn to embrace the daily practice; it is the journey itself that cultivates the true beauty of any destination.
5. what actions will i take to move toward what i want this week?
6. When distractions or fatigue rise up, how I can respond with self-compassion?
7. How will I honor or celebrate my movement this week?
Take note of the view rather than JUST the mountain itself.
PART III: DAILY MEANING
8. HOW WILL I GROUND MYSELF IN WHAT MATTERS MOST TO ME TODAY/TOMORROW?
9. HOW DID I CULTIVATE MEANING TODAY?
WANT A BLUEPRINT VIA DOWNLOAD?
Resources Copyright © 2015 - 2019 The Courage Practice® LLC | All Rights Reserved | No Reprint Without Permission.