WEEKLY EXERCISES ARCHIVES: JANUARY 2018
JANUARY 7 - 13, 2018:
CHOOSE A NEW CORE VALUE TO FLEX.
Make no mistake. Core values are not simply random ideologies, life quotes, or a collection of words we offer others or ourselves for much-needed inspiration.
Core values are muscles. Actual muscles like any other which can be flexed to improve form and function for greater success in leadership and life. Core values are the true spine of our strength.
1. Pick one of your own core values to work out this week. Select it with intention. Practice it with intention.
2. Write down what you learn and wish to consistently embed into your unique practice of courage.
3. Ask a loved one what they observed in you at week's end. Learn what arises as it relates to this exercise.
JANUARY 14 - 20, 2018:
Let's get intentional with our gratitude. Whether you already have a gratitude practice or not, this week's exercise is meant to deepen our awareness of the subtle nature gratitude can often assume in our lives. Gratitude is commonly quiet; this week, let's bring it center stage and give it a microphone.
1. Write down your gratitude at the end of each day.
2. Pause to notice the energy in your body when you finish writing down your gratitude. Seriously--pause to notice.
3. Pick a central place to keep your gratitude. In a journal, smartphone, or a post-it note folded up in a mason jar to read at year's end.
JANUARY 21 - 27, 2018:
Let's put some intentional action behind our weekly intention this week. If we look for external influences to guide us, we will find many everywhere, fostering confusion and emotional exhaustion. If we look within, we will reacquaint ourselves with the one inner voice personalized to us to offer focus and direction--for our lives, our potential, and our purpose.
1. Choose a method or way of quieting the external influences daily this week. A nature walk, meditation, prayer, a workout, a repetitive action of some kind. Whatever works for you to truly get still and listen to the silence.
2. Leave your phone or screens behind during this time.
3. What do you hear? How will you apply what you hear this week?
4. What served you in this stillness practice? What was difficult? Be honest and real with yourself.
JANUARY 28 - FEBRUARY 3, 2018:
Let's bring more intentional exercise to our curiosity this week. Curiosity is a muscle we choose to flex. If we're out of curiosity shape, we can begin to practice by taking conscious note of the beliefs, insights, experiences, and perspectives that call to us.
1. Consider your goals. What would you like to learn more about as you work to attain these goals?
2. Consider your community. Who in your life exercises genuine engagement and curiosity? What is their curiosity made of? If you don't know, don't guess. Ask them. Learn how they flex this curiosity muscle.
3. If feeling deeply out of curiosity shape, simply begin by taking conscious notice of your experiences, surroundings, interactions, and thoughts this week. Jot down key areas that you'd like to better understand or appreciate more deeply.
Awareness of our curiosity is often the first step to stoking its fire. A lit curiosity moves us away from apathy and limiting behaviors and toward intention and purposeful action.
WEEKLY EXERCISES ARCHIVES: FEBRUARY 2018
FEBRUARY 4 - 10, 2018:
IDENTIFY AND TAKE ONE ACTION TO TAKE BACK YOUR STORY. DON'T PLAY SMALL; NO ONE EVER REGRETS RAISING THE BAR. EVER.
1. What action is best for me to take this week to own my story again?
2. What specific mindset is needed to take this action? How will I pivot back to this mindset when necessary?
3. What impact do I intend to have when I take this action this week?
FEBRUARY 11 - 17, 2018:
CHOOSE ONE SPECIFIC WAY TO LEAN INTO JOY AND CULTIVATE IT IN OTHERS THIS WEEK.
1. Who in your life can you offer more joy to this week? Why?
2. How will you show them? What benefit could this practice have for the both of you?
3. Take the action. Listen to the experience. What did you learn by choosing joy and offering it to others with greater intention?
FEBRUARY 18 - 24, 2018:
FEBRUARY 25 - MARCH 3, 2018: