WEEKLY PROMPTS ARCHIVE: JANUARY 2018
JANUARY 7 - 13, 2018:
BRING TO MIND THE LAST TIME YOU FELT VULNERABLE--IN LEADERSHIP OR LIFE--BUT TRIED NOT TO SHOW IT.
1. What has happened inside you for not showing it?
2. Imagine that moment of vulnerability again. Give yourself permission to soften into your original feeling.
3. Receive yourself now the way you would have wanted in the original moment of vulnerability.
4. Write down what you wish to remember in this moment that will support your practice of courage.
*Adapted from The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
JANUARY 14 - 20, 2018:
BRING TO MIND TWO PEOPLE IN YOUR COMMUNITY--IN LEADERSHIP OR LIFE--THAT CHALLENGE YOU TO BE MORE COURAGEOUSLY YOURSELF EVERY DAY?
1. How would you describe these two people in a few words?
2. How specifically do they challenge you to be more yourself?
3. What is it about them that makes this possible? What is it about your mutual relationship that also naturally contributes?
4. What is an example of a time they offered this challenge that really sticks with you?
5. Do they know how much this has meant to you? If so, remind them. If not, tell them this week (live, virtual, letter, etc.)
6. Write down any piece of what you've learned from these two people that you want to embed in your practice of courage.
JANUARY 21 - 27, 2018:
WHO YOU ARE IS HOW YOU LEAD AND LIVE.
How we lead--in our careers, businesses, and daily life--is an authentic reflection of who we are. The way we show up in the world reveals itself in the small moments of our days as well as the larger-than-life experiences.
1. Take a thoughtful moment now to observe how you are showing up in leadership and life.
2. Breathe deeply. Observe your emotions, beliefs, and fears.
3. Consciously send appreciation to your spirit and self-compassion to your wounds as both rise up within you.
4. Jot down your genuine thoughts. What is serving you? What is not?
5. How will you choose to consciously show up this week--in your leadership and life?
JANUARY 28 - FEBRUARY 3, 2018:
BRING TO MIND THREE EXAMPLES OF WHEN YOU WERE DEEPLY CURIOUS. YOUR AGE, TIME, OR TANGIBILITY FOR EACH EXAMPLE DOES NOT MATTER. (These can be current day curiosities or those you've had since you were a child.)
1. Jot down what provoked your curiosity for each example.
2. What resonates with you about each example even today? Notice any themes that may emerge.
3. Now take notice of your fear and where it held space in relationship to each example. Specifically, was fear present? If so, how did it play a role? If not, what contributed to its silence?
4. What can you learn from this reflection and apply to your current life and leadership today?
WEEKLY PROMPTS ARCHIVE: FEBRUARY 2018
FEBRUARY 4 - 10, 2018:
TAKING BACK YOUR STORY BEGINS WITH AWARENESS. TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO REFLECT ON THE FOLLOWING:
1. Where do I feel most disconnected to my story? Where is my story writing itself?
2. What external influences, people, or experiences have I allowed to be the authors of my story?
3. Where do I feel most connected to my story? What is one action I can take this week to move my story forward in a positive way?
4. What specific success in my leadership, life, or business would be a reflection of me taking back my story?
FEBRUARY 11 - 17, 2018:
THIS WEEK'S PROMPT IS ABOUT MAKING FRIENDS WITH JOY.
1. What is my current relationship to joy? If I don't have one, what is my current relationship to happiness?
2. What makes choosing joy difficult for me? What would support me in choosing with greater ease?
3. How can I be more mindful about choosing joy?
4. Share these perspectives with a close friend or loved one this week as a support and accountability partner to your practice.
FEBRUARY 18 - 24, 2018:
FEBRUARY 25 - MARCH 3, 2018: